Thursday, May 1, 2008

Cinderella Steps

When I was a little girl, I used to be fascinated by big steps - the ones leading up to houses.

My family has a long history with paper routes. Early mornings were often spent going from house to house, either hanging papers on the front doors or tossing them onto the front porches.
I picked out houses in the neighbors on our routes that had the longest stairways leading up to them, and always asked my mom if I could deliver to those houses.
I would start at the bottom and slowly glide up, pretending I had a long "Cinderella dress" on, and a big fancy party was awaiting me at the top.
I was the belle of the ball.
I was so excited when I moved to Fayetteville to find stairways of equal caliber to those in Marion.
I haven't had the chance to ascend any to the party at the top, but I'm glad they are here.

2 comments:

Janet said...

love the story that went along with the picture :-)

bonggamom said...

That is a nice story... your photo actually made me think of the Julia Roberts movie "Pretty Woman".