Thursday, July 24, 2008

The office

So...I love my office.

I speak of the office as a whole, because technically as the "gate keeper" (The GM of the broadcasting station's name for me) I don't have one. I have a window.The window looks out onto a little green space, separating Cumulus Broadcasting Station's business office from it's studio.

A large white radio dish points towards the sky with determination and is surrounded by a few rickety looking towers, framing the clouds.

Cumulus Broadcasting recently moved to the office on Frontage Road. It's quiet. Probably because all the loud noises (i.e. the radio personalities, broadcasts etc) are housed in a separate building, the studio. I am in the business office, where order reigns

This environment is definitely more fast paced than my last job. It's media - where everyone is on a tight schedule and when things are given to you, they need to be done right away...It's also where listeners, when they don't get their Rush Limbaugh fix, get a wee bit cranky...

No comments: