Tuesday, October 21, 2008


Red:
1. any of various colors resembling the color of blood; the primary color at one extreme end of the visible spectrum, an effect of light with a wavelength between 610 and 780 nm.
2.
something red.
3.
(often initial capital letter) a radical leftist in politics, esp. a communist.
4.
Informal. red light (def. 1).
5.
Informal. red wine: a glass of red.
6.
Also called red devil, red bird. Slang. a capsule of the drug secobarbital, usually red in color. –adjective
7.
of the color red.
8.
having distinctive areas or markings of red: a red robin.
9.
of or indicating a state of financial loss or indebtedness: the red column in the ledger.
10.
radically left politically.
11.
(often initial capital letter) communist.
12.
of, pertaining to, or characteristic of North American Indian peoples: no longer in technical use. —Idioms
13.
in the red, operating at a loss or being in debt (opposed to in the black): The newspaper strike put many businesses in the red.
14.
paint the town red. paint (def. 16).
15.
see red, Informal. to become very angry; become enraged: Snobs make her see red.

So I've decided to do something a little different with my blog (mid color rampage - sorry for no intro, folks! And no order to the colors!) Starting now, I want to invite my readers (of which there might be about 4...but who knows when that number will grow) to leave links to their own writing, pictures or ideas. No, this is not a ploy to try and get people to comment on my blog. I just think it would be interesting. Especially if I don't know you - and you just happen to be casually "blog surfing" on a rainy Saturday, cup of joe in hand. Post away, say I. I might also ask my readers questions after blog entries - if you don't feel like replying, don't. No worries. I just want to hear what you think :) xoxoxo

Here it goes. What does Red say to you? Seen any Red lately?


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shelene said...

To me, red usually says passion - preferably of the romantic sort, but not always.