Saturday, October 11, 2008



Right off Hwy 62 is a religious paradise.

Thorncrown Chapel, built by E. Fay Jones, stands tall and sturdy near the town of Eureka Springs AR. When I brought my parents to see it during their visit, we had missed Sunday services by a couple of days.

This is where I'm getting married in...eeep! 8 months! I'll forgive my guests if their attention wanders from the blushing bride at the alter-the chapel is GORGEOUS and hard NOT to stare at. It's just like something out of A Midsummer Night's Dream. Completely surrounded by trees, there is a kind of magic in the light that flood through the long windows. Really the biggest barrier to the outdoors is the large wood door. The rest is just long pieces of metal and glass.

This chapel was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. A spot to worship or reflect in the woods - isn't that everyone's dream?

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shelene said...

Oh my goodness, how beautiful! That will be such a magical day - I'm so excited for you! What memories the two of you will share. :)