Sunday, December 28, 2008




Life is a little different with a digital SLR.

I'm NOT complaining!

But now I kind of have to PLAN beforehand - "will I need a camera"? (I bequeathed my point and shoot 4 MP KODAK digital to Al. I now have my NIKON D40, my Minolta and my point and shoot film camera from college that I refuse to give up!). So last night when I had to make a run to Walmart, I decided to bring the camera along. Just in case.

In the back of my mind, I knew I wanted to visit Lights of the Ozarks. When I was done at the store, I shot Al a quick text telling him where I was going and set off on a short and cold photographic adventure.

The square was full of people, even at 8:30pm at night. Kids were getting pony rides, adults were getting carriage rides and even though it might sound corny to say this, the square did look like a fairy land. I did a quick tour of it all, snapping pictures here and there - giddy with how they turned out.

I've heard people calling The Lights of the Ozarks a waste of precious resources. Sure, I guess it is. But it's also a beautiful thing that people in the community can gather at, admire...and it keeps Christmas going a little bit longer.

No comments: