Tuesday, December 16, 2008


One of my favorite things about the holidays is all the baking - not that I will even pretend for a second I can bake as well as I should.
As a kid, mom would haul out her big dog eared Betty Crocker cook book and we'd choose which recipe to try. Sugar Cookies were easy - thumb prints were fun - but I always ended up eating most of the Hershey's kisses BEFORE they made it on the cookies.
To this day, though, I think my favorite cookie is Santa's Whiskers. Coconut and cherry - how can you go wrong with that? The recipe is included below for your pleasure....xoxoxo :)


Santa's Whiskers Makes about 60
1 cup butter, softened1 cup granulated sugar 2 tablespoons milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1-cup red candied cherries, finely chopped1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped 1 cup flaked coconut
In a large mixer bowl beat butter till softened. Add sugar and beat till fluffy. Add milk and vanilla and beat well. Add flour and beat until well mixed. Stir in cherries and pecans. Shape into three 7" rolls. Roll in coconut to coat. Wrap and chill for several hours. Preheat oven to 375F. Cut into 1/4" thick slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 12 minutes or until done. Remove and cool.

No comments: