Thursday, December 11, 2008





There's something about the Christmas/holiday season that instantly makes people want to hold dinners, parties and gatherings. ("A party is a party, but a party on a winter's eve..." thanks Mr. Elton from EMMA) Maybe it's all the great holiday food and beverages . Maybe hosts of such soirees figure there is warmth in numbers.
I'm going to return to my regular theme (it's kinda stuck with me after seeing my family in Minnesota and my parents this fall) of love, family etc etc. The holidays are a great excuse (if yo you want to call it that) for instigating gatherings of ones you love or people that you know and live nearby but never have time to hang out with.
As a twenty-something in 2008, I realize that I have gotten to be really busy. I work a regular 40 hour a week job, but keeping up with friends, expenses, cleaning....LIFE...tends to pack your schedule. I'm always glad to set aside 2-3 hours to spend in a candle lit room, full of fun people in sweaters, holiday music on softly in the background and DELICIOUS aromas filling the air. Sure, maybe it's corny and I'm leaning towards the commercial aspect of the holidays (when I try not to) but I'm glad of the "lights-music-gingerbread latte" themed season. It's definitely one that I'll do my best to keep going :) xox

No comments: