Sunday, October 12, 2008

My short stint in Michigan will have ended 2 years ago, this December. Before ending up there, I had never thought of living or working in Michigan. All I knew is that I had two fabulous friends there - Darcy and Tracy - who I had met through the Chicago Semester program I participated in my senior year.

While in Michigan, I worked at the Purple Rose Theater in Chelsea, went adventuring around Ann Arbor, visited Hope College and Calvin College and all together thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Oddly enough, the thing I miss most about Michigan is the weather. At times, it was darn right brutal outside. But on the inside - ah. Cozy cozy cozy. The towns in Michigan are small and quaint - having sweet little stores and coffee shops where all the locals gather. All the "Michiganders" I know are friendly and kind. It is a state that is often forgotten except for Detroit and any major sports teams they have.

The area I lived in, however, was vibrant in the arts and humanities.

So why'd I leave? Well to slightly change that famous line in Good Will Hunting - "I had to go see about a boy." And y'all know how that turned out =D


Posted by Picasa

No comments: